Happy Holidays! I can't believe it's already December.
With less than 9 months to go until the World Dwarf Games, I wanted to connect and provide some important updates and reminders.
Team USA Update
- The hotels are FILLING UP! If you're interested in staying at the Delta or Holiday Inn, please make your reservation soon.
- Delta includes breakfast
- Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre online booking link
- Holiday Inn has a pool in the hotel
- Holiday Inn and Conference Centre online booking link
- Athletes can stay in the dorms or hotel. Majority of athletes typically stay in dorms. Families typically choose hotel.
- Athletes under 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian to stay in the dorms.
- Dorm reservations (and dorm meal plan options) will be available in January.
- We are still looking for Team USA sports managers for Archery, Shooting, Track & Field, Table Tennis.
- We're looking for people who are knowledgeable about the sport and have good training advice who can lead the Team USA contingent for each sport.
- This person must be over 18 and can be a little person or average height.
- If interested, please contact Mike Krajewski (Mike.Krajewski@daaa.org) for more information.
- All American athletes and their families need to get their passport ASAP in order to get in and out of Canada smoothly. Click here for more info. This process can take up to 6 months!
- Passport cards are an alternative, more affordable option.
- JANUARY - Team USA Roster forms will be available to fill out.
- MAY 1 - Team USA team rosters (or teammate preference) are due to Team USA Leadership team.
- Team USA Leadership will compile rosters to finalize teams.
- Team USA Leadership reserves the right to change rosters, move players around and add independent players to teams to create the final rosters.
- All American athletes that register for the World Dwarf Games on time will be placed on a team.
- Please note, a maximum of 2 teams from each country are allowed to advance to the semi-finals so multiple Team USAs will play each other to determine which teams will advance to the semi-finals.
- JANUARY 15 - Online registration opens to compete at the 2017 World Dwarf Games WorldDwarfGames2017.org. Team USA registration closes April 1st.
- All athletes under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There will be NO onsite registration and no applications will be accepted after April 30th. No exceptions.
- The 2017 World Dwarf Games will have events for athletes of all ages including Futures (4-6 year olds), Juniors (8-15 year olds), Open (any age), and Master (35+ years old).
- Team USA uniforms will be available for individual purchase in January.
- These uniforms will NOT be altered but will be shipped out soon after you order them so you'll have plenty of time to alter them.
- Book your travel (flights, rental car, shuttle, etc.) to Guelph, Canada ASAP!
- If you fly into Toronto, there is a Red Car Transportation shuttle available to bring you to dorms/hotel from airport.
- Athletes - start your training and conditioning NOW!
- Check out the Overall Fitness Guide created by Assistant Chef de Mission and DAAA Vice President, Ted Hannes.
- Check out the specific training guides for each sport.
- Contact the sports managers about questions pertaining to rules, drills and skills.
- Promote your journey to the Games! Contact your local news and share your training journey with your friends, family and community. Send us a link and we'll promote it on Facebook and the website.
- DAAA will host a boccia event for all ages and abilities one day during the LPA National Conference June 30th-July 6th in Denver, CO and co-host the casual East vs. West Softball game.
- DAAA will not host any other sporting events in Denver.
- Donate today to support future DAAA National Games and Team USA by helping us hit our fundraising goal of $30,000. Every dollar helps.
- Click HERE to donate to DAAA now!
- Amazon purchases: go to smile.amazon.com, select DAAA, and every eligible purchase you make will result in a donation.
- Mail a check to Dwarf Athletic Association of America, 300 Center Drive, Suite G #150, Superior, CO 80027
- Ask if your company has a corporate matching gift/donation program. Double your donation today!
- Want to create your own local fundraiser for DAAA? Reach out to our Head of Fundraising Ted Hannes for examples and ideas.
Go Team USA!
Have a great day!
Team USA Chef de Mission
Click here to donate to the
Dwarf Athletic Association of America.